Sunday 20 July 2014

Petite Petals

I fell in love with this stamp and punch set from the Occasions catalogue... It took me SO long to get it, I almost didn't think I would!!! I made this card for my sister who was unwell, and because I was also unwell I couldn't go to see her or help out in anyway. So instead I made a card for her so she knew I was thinking about her!!



I made this card with a Baked Brown Sugar cardstock base, and matted the card with a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock. I then used a smaller piece of Whisper White cardstock and sponged Baked Brown Sugar ink and Crisp Cantaloupe ink onto the En Francais background stamp (retired). It took a few goes, and I was sort of happy with the result, but as you can see on the inside of the card, the stamping is muted, and that was achieved by stamping off the background stamp onto a piece of paper first. In hind sight I should have done this with the other piece too, maybe next time!!

I applied some Fast Fused, and looped the natural twine around in loops. On a separate piece of Whisper White, I stamped some flowers from the Flower Shop and the Petite Petals stamp set and punched them out- A tip with the flower shop set, if you line up the punch with the stamps once and mark the stamp set to match the bottom petal of the punch, they will punch out perfect every time, and you won't need to try and match them up each time!!!

I adhered these together with some mini glue dots, and stuck them randomly over the loops of twine to hide the adhesive. I finished it all off with a random mess of rhinestones, and a Get Well stamp from a retired hostess stampset Express Yourself. 



The inside I achieved the same way, I stamped off the background stamp and stamped on Whisper White. The flowers are stamped directly onto the card, and I used a punch out to mask off the flowers so they didn't overlap when I stamped them. I also added rhinestones to these. 

To assemble I used fast fuse. I highly recommend this product!! I use to use snail like it was on sale- the Fast Fuse I use less of than snail, and it has such a strong bond... Really really fantastic product!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment